Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Sartorialist

Yet another exhibit I want to go see (they are really starting to add up).

Scott Schuman, The blogger-turned-digital photographer, is exhibiting his pictures of street fashion. He has gained fame through his blog, where approximately fifty thousand people visit each day. This "blogenomenon" (totally trademarking that) has caused Schuman to be listed as one of TIME Magazine's top 100 design influencers, and now does photo shoots for style.com, the official VOGUE website.

Plus he originally hails from Indiana, my neighbor-state. Let's give two Hoorays for blogs, photos, and Hoosiers*.

When: thru February 23rd, Wed-Fri 11am-6pm; Sat noon-6pm
Where: Danziger Projects, 521 W. 26th St., between Tenth & Eleventh Aves


*Interesting sidenote, Anna, a native of STL, uses this term in a different way as I have seen witnessed before. Courtesy of Wikipedia, "In St. Louis, the word is used in a derogatory fashion in similar context to "white trash".[6]"

1 comment:

Mark Sperry said...

High fashion on the streets of New York? I thought I covered that when I took your picture. :)