Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Ideal City Getaway

I know this blog is supposed to highlight city events. However, I am so burnt out on NYC right now, all I can think about is escaping from it!


Here is the rundown on my fantasy weekend:


Friday:
Head upstate to the Catskill mountains
Once I have arrived at the Breathe Inn located in a small town called Lanesville, immediately flop down on the comfy bed in my Mali Studio bedroom

Saturday:
Wake up for some yummy breakfast
Go canoing or tubing on the Esopus
Maybe take a cooking class if I feel like it
Drive 20 minutes over to Woodstock, NY for a Midnight Ramble with Levon Helm

Sunday:
Sleeeeeep in
Have one more yummy breakfast
Begrudgingly head back downstate to reality




Sigh.... does it have to be a dream?

3 comments:

Mark Sperry said...

I can offer you a Minnesota based getaway.

I don't know if I'd be much help teaching you cooking, but I do own a canoe. We can take it around Pleasant Lake, which you can see from my backyard, or we can put it in the pool...which would be weird.

Then we can go shoe shopping at the coolest shoe store EVER. After which we can either go to Art Museums, or take a ride on Tyler's boat. At night there is fine dining and (polka) dancing.

Many-many possibilities.

Could be fun... :)

Chrissy said...

Melissa and I just had a Woodstock visit last weekend. Mmmm the amazing quilting shop owned by the two adorable gay men. We love it there too much, 3 dollar fat quarter yard fabrics.

Uhh, you tell me when, and we are going upstate!

Unknown said...

Hmmm. I wish i had seen this long before we went upstate. It would have been pretty darn helpful!