Friday, June 12, 2009

Galactic Origins, Festivals and Acoustic Beach BBQs

Go see BLAST! Playing June 12-18 @ Cinema Village
You will be enthralled watching scientists try to get a telescope into space using a hot air balloon and all the things that can go wrong. I love this documentary. And at the IFC showing last night, I found out about FREE Stargazing at Columbia University. Tonight may not be the best night but for future reference, nerds here is your new date night excursion.

Starting tonight and until Sunday, is L Magazine's Northside Festival. Hundreds of bands and art openings will flood Williamsburg. Come and check out Arminda and myself put on some moves for Afuche, playing Saturday at the Hooves on the Turf Showcase, 1pm, Trophy Bar.

And the indie music booking agent, Todd P, will have an Unamplified Acoustic Show and BBQ on Rockaway Beach - Fort Tilden, noon this Sunday. The line up is overwhelming and unplugged, it's FREE and all ages! I'll be biking out there from Bwick when I recover from my hangover. Anyone want to join me?

-Alyssa

No comments: