Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mindy's Mid-Week Crap

Not to be outdone by The Ging, I too have a few things up my sleeve for this week!

Wednesday:
I plan to be flat out ballsy and try and go to TWO free events in one evening.
First I will whisk down to Stuy-Town for a FREE performance by Kaki King from 6-9pm, and will then make the scramble to McCarren Park via the L train to catch the FREE showing of Evil Dead 2 (where hopefully Alyssa will somehow manage to save me a seat? wink?).

Thursday:
Bruar Falls without a doubt - we are in agreement there! But if you for some reason do not want to go (though I cannot fathom why), there is a FREE Kronos Quartet concert at Prospect Park Bandshell that looks pretty great - check out Celebrate Brooklyn for more details.

Friday:
Stark & Nimo play another set at Goodbye Blue Monday, in case you miss the Thursday show.

Saturday:
For those that could care less about Siren Fest this year (myself included), there are some cool FREE events happening for the 2009 Big Draw. I specifically would want to attend this at the World Financial Center Winter Garden from 11am-4pm:
Join Suzanne Bocanegra in creating drawings on outdated and recycled music scores that will immediately be performed in ongoing improvisations by the renowned American string group, Flux Quartet.

Location:
Between Vesey and Liberty Streets and West Side Highway and the Hudson River
Sunday:
A little Andre in the morning may be in order so that I can gather my senses, and then I will be off to the FREE Dirty Projectors show at the Williamsburg Waterfront!

Whew, Okay, Done.

xoxo,
Mindy

3 comments:

Alessandro Echevarria said...

what would i do without you?

Arminda said...

You would be bored?

DT said...

Whoa. The Big Draw thing looks awesome. I may join you.